1. Collecting Information About You
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: your email address, first and last name;
- Other identifying information: your IP address; and
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history.
Categories of Use
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information to
- Provide you with our Services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet or other electronic activity data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, and internet or other electronic activity to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with other information from and about our company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Site: We use your contact information, other identifying information and internet or other electronic activity to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our Site;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies section below.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
- Our Service Providers
- We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- Our Affiliates
- We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our parent company, Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Corporate Transactions
- We may share personal information with parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
- Law Enforcement and Courts
- In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to our company or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Site or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
Opting Out Of Marketing; Updating Information About You
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us, please let us know by sending us an email. Please be sure to include your full name and email address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, or other contact information with us please contact us the same way.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to 5 days for your email request to be processed.
You are able to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, however, you cannot opt out of receiving all emails from us.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Effective Date: June 2020