Senior UX Designer
For California Only:
The expected starting pay range for this position is $100,000 -140,000. Applicable pay ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. In addition to competitive pay, compensation may include a variety of other components like benefits, paid time off, merit, and bonus opportunities.
Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (https://outwardinc.com/). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role
As a mid to senior level UX designer, you will be joining the Outward design team in creating and improving new applications and features for a wide range of e-commerce and industry needs. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple teams across the organization to understand business requirements, generate the experience solution, and deliver the final product.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to take on a mentor-like role working with junior designers while producing UX deliverables and help recommend and grow the team’s UX process guidelines and workflow.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining command of deliverables, timelines and next steps.
- Work directly with customers and project teams to gather requirements through user research, stakeholder interviews, etc.
- Identify and analyze design problems, make strategic design decisions, and generate elegant solutions under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of UX methods, best practices and industry trends.
- Translate abstract concepts into concrete sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and customize deliverables to specific customer needs.
- Showcase high attention to detail across all work products, and evaluate the same with a high bar for design quality and coherence.
- Document and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to senior leadership and multidisciplinary teams through written, visual, and verbal means.
- Leverage existing UX patterns and assets and create style guides.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and be open to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Support engineering and QA during development and launch of new products.
- Be a good listener, ask smart questions, and champion new ideas.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and tech innovation.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and shipping complex web applications and enterprise (B2B) products in an agile environment.
- Experience in eCommerce or related field is a plus.
- Degree in design or discipline related to design, visual communication, or human computer interaction
- Strong portfolio of web, mobile, and application design. Lots of experience creating design style guides and kits is a plus.
- Strong user experience research work; able to gather and analyze user data into strong findings for projects.
- Fluency in mobile platforms, including design guidelines for native applications.
- Experience with adaptive and responsive web and application design.
- Expertise in standard UX software. Proficiency in Figma is a must.
- Experience training and mentoring junior designers in a UX team is a plus.
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, or Visa Sponsorship assistance.