What To Expect
We are currently seeking a motivated Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Ensemble Platform team to design and build GraphQL API backends. This engineer will work with product and the frontend development team to design, prototype, and implement GraphQL services that are responsible for interfacing to Outward’s enormous 2D and 3D data of furniture. The candidate must be comfortable with from-scratch API design and associated back-end software stack specification. To be successful in this role, you will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs and code reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of the design, development, deployment and operations of the backend API stack you will develop, using software engineering best practices, and other cutting edge methodologies
- Collaborate with colleagues in design and code reviews
- Develop means for deploying, scaling, and monitoring software systems
- Characterize complex problems related to the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of the software
- Own projects and always seeks ways to improve efficiency and operations
- Triage product or system issues and debug by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on the system
What You’ll Bring
- Solid back-end experience in building GraphQL Python applications.
- Knowledge of various Python backend frameworks (e.g. Graphene, Flask, Django, Tornado)
- Experience with SQL, both relational and non-relational databases (RDS, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience working with serverless computing (e.g. AWS Lambda, Azure Function)
- You understand how to create an efficient, reliable, scalable, and maintainable software architecture.
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipelines to deploy to production nightly
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration, & functional testing.
- Good understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting systems
- Experience with image processing is a plus
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies is also a plus
For California Only:
The expected starting pay range for this position is $125,000 -175,000. Applicable pay ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. In addition to competitive pay, compensation may include a variety of other components like benefits, paid time off, merit, and bonus opportunities.
About the Role
Outward Ensemble Platform’s engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how modern ecommerce participants create, manipulate and utilize product images and data. Our systems, in conjunction with a set of machine learning technologies, provide sophisticated tooling that allows capturing, processing and editing of high quality product visual and nonvisual data. Our technology streamlines digital asset creation and distribution in the ecommerce workflows, allowing participants of all sizes to compete on equal footing with ecommerce “behemoths”.
We are looking for talented engineers who bring skills and fresh ideas from all areas, including image processing, information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, artificial intelligence and UI design, and the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Ensemble Platform’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced team grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.outwardinc.com). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, or Visa Sponsorship assistance.