Department: Program Management
Location: San Jose / Remote
Lead Data Scientist
Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.outwardinc.com). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role
We’re looking for a driven senior data scientist or analytics leader with a passion for data and storytelling to work on our core products and help drive informed business decisions for Outward. You will enjoy working with cutting edge technology and collaborate with cross-functional team members while having the opportunity to see your insights impact our main products in terms of roadmap and revenue.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a technical field, have hands-on experience working with (large) data stores, reporting automation and excel in identifying and presenting business critical stories. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
We are looking for someone who can navigate the technical complexity of the space and the solutions while also managing and supporting a broad and diverse range of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working closely with Engineering and Product leads, have previous experience managing managers, and will have a strong technical/statistical background.
This role will lead several Data Science charters across Outward’s product line and will be focused on improving the products that our users rely on and will drive the roadmap and company revenue.
- Be proactive with asking strategic data questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes
- Communicate and represent results of analyses to leadership
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyze data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- 4+ years of proven experience as a sr Data Scientist with solid knowledge and experience of data management, automation and visualization techniques.
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Good knowledge of R, Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with applied statistics or experimentation (i.e. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Experience communicating and representing results of analysis to senior leadership
- Experience initiating and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Business mindset
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, or Visa Sponsorship assistance.