Department: Program Management
Location: San Jose / Remote
Senior Technical Program Manager
About Outward, Inc.
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.outwardinc.com). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role
At Outward, we seek a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our fast moving Program Management team. You will play a key role in shaping and driving the implementation of product features and applications to enhance the customer experience and/or to augment the current toolbox available for our internal and external customers. As a program manager you excel at the intersection of interdisciplinary teams and act as the glue between these teams on the road to delivering great new products and services.
We believe this is an exciting opportunity, working on initiatives of significant opportunity and scale. You’ll be in the middle of the action – eCommerce and technology development are at the core of WSI’s growth and will continue to fuel our success.
You will have the chance to work at the pace of a start-up with the resources of a $5 billion company. We want you to bring creative ideas to the table and work with our teams to execute them to completion.
- Work with the Senior Management and/or Executive stakeholders to help define and document key objectives and success criteria for your programs and associated product/feature roadmaps.
- Partner with internal technology teams – such as user experience, engineering, R&D – and assess feasibility and drive the implementation of roadmap product features including measuring feature effectiveness and value.
- Define and map out plan and timeline for cross-functional initiatives; this includes pro-actively identifying and managing dependencies and risks.
- Chair program review and roadmap review meetings with appropriate cadence.
- Identify and effectively communicate priorities to the team members, and ensure teams are aligned on the priorities.
- Serve as primary liaison between Technology, Creative, UI/UX, R&D, Business teams, third-party customers and other teams as needed.
- Attend project meetings and provide status reports to the business teams and stakeholders.
- Define, gather, track and report metrics and key performance indicators for new eCommerce features and functionality.
- Track and report on issues and solutions and escalate where appropriate.
- Develop high level business requirements for new enhancements, features and functionality.
- Recommend and facilitate cross-concept initiatives and features.
- Assist in definition and management of project scope and subsequent change requests.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of new processes as they relate to new features.
- Evaluate alternative operational efficiencies and business process change.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing complex projects and/or programs is required.
- Proven experience shipping features in customer facing software applications and/or hardware.
- Proven success managing product through all parts of the product life cycle.
- Solid experience working within Scrum or other Agile environments. Deeply familiar with Agile practices and can drive Agile adoption across the organization.
- Ability to interface with business as well as technology teams.
- You have a proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and effectively prioritize activities.
- You have stellar verbal and written communication skills and an uncanny ability to lead and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills/team player and ability to work with cross-functional teams harmoniously while keeping project releases on time and on budget.
- Strong drive towards execution; can break through barriers to get the job done.
- Willingness to work with offshore development teams as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computers, engineering or business administration.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, or Visa Sponsorship assistance.