Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.staging-outwardinc.kinsta.cloud). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role
You will be a key member of the Outward Ensemble Product Management team responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and delivering the online customer experience and related data and visualization innovations that drive Williams-Sonoma Inc.’s industry-leading digital business. You will own the development and delivery of the product vision for our flagship room planner product.
In this role, you will shape the product vision and strategy while driving delivery for a range of digital experiences and capabilities. You will work closely with amazing peers, progressive technologies, passionate brand partners, and deep resources to help push the boundaries of digital innovation.
The right candidate understands what it means to build great (visual) experiences for our customers and better tools for our associates. The ideal candidate will have a robust technical foundation in software development (with focus on web applications and data), a strong sense of ownership, and an excellent communication style across different audiences.
- Partner with internal and external key stakeholders to define and deliver best in-class and novel experiences with focus on delivering value to our customers. This includes understanding the audience and defining and developing persona.
- Own the development of the short term and long term product vision and roadmap for Ensemble Room planner including data and visualization pipelines.
- Research market and industry trends and perform competitor product analysis as needed.
- Clearly identify and measure KPIs for your areas of responsibility.
- Develop measurement strategies using analytics and testing tools to drive ongoing optimization.
- Lead the definition, prioritization, and scoping of initiatives that align with the strategic business goals (Outward or WSI brand(s)).
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Technology teams to ensure digital solutions meet expectations and provide customer value.
- Collaborate with Technology partners to drive execution and iterative delivery of initiatives.
- Craft business requirements and user stories and support our architecture and engineering teams through solution design, development, and testing phases of delivery.
- Support cross-functional teams by answering questions, making recommendations, providing training, and supporting integration testing.
- Socialize a clear view of priorities and progress against product roadmap with business partners and senior leadership.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience as a product manager.
- You have delivered numerous successful products and/or visual experiences for eCommerce and/or retail.
- You have a track record of defining simple and intuitive user experiences for software products.
- You have experience with optimizing and simplifying complex workflows and applications used by a broad set of user personas.
- You effectively facilitate and resolve day-to-day issues to help projects move forward, and love acting as a proxy for team members when needed.
- Your excellent collaboration skills and excitement help you to drive and motivate diverse cross-functional teams.
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies is your second nature.
- Experience with business process optimization and automation
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, or Visa Sponsorship assistance