Department: Program Management
Location: San Jose, CA
About the Role
At Outward, we seek a Technical Program Manager to join our fast moving Program Management team to play a key role in shaping and driving the implementation of the Aperture hardware platform. The role will cover projects from new product development, to product feature development and revisions of hardware or product pilots. As a Program Manager, you excel at the intersection of interdisciplinary teams and act as the glue between these teams on the road to delivering great new products and features.
We believe this is an exciting opportunity, working on initiatives of significant opportunity and scale. You’ll be in the middle of the action – eCommerce and technology development are at the core of WSI’s growth and will continue to fuel our success.
You will have the chance to work at the pace of a start-up with the resources of a $5 billion company. We want you to bring creative ideas to the table and work with our teams to execute them to completion.
- Own all the projects within the Aperture hardware portfolio, including integration points with the software applications.
- Lead end-to-end hardware development efforts; steer new programs from requirements definition through to prototyping, ramp-up, sustaining and end-of-life.
- Work with the Senior Management and/or Executive stakeholders to define and document key objectives and success criteria for your projects and associated roadmaps.
- Effectively manage prototyping activities and new builds with effective plans and change management while maintaining alignment with business needs and technical roadmap. This also includes calling out gaps in understanding, as well as communication to business stakeholders.
- Define and map out plan and timeline for cross-functional initiatives; this includes pro-actively identifying and managing dependencies and risks.
- Partner with internal teams – such as Engineering, R&D, Operations, Supply Chain – to assess feasibility, operationalization and scalability for NPI and hardware upgrades including measuring effectiveness and value.
- Chair NPI gate reviews, program reviews and roadmap reviews with appropriate cadence. Continuously evaluate the NPI process and work with the team to continuously improve.
- Identify and effectively communicate priorities to the team members, and ensure teams are aligned on the priorities.
- Attend project meetings and provide status reports to the business teams and stakeholders.
- Track and report on issues and solutions and escalate where appropriate.
- Lead the definition and implementation of new processes.
- Evaluate alternative operational efficiencies and business process change.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing hardware product development is required.
- Proven success taking hardware designs from concept to prototyping to volume production.
- Experience with leading MRBs, and creating and managing BOMs is required.
- You have a proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and effectively prioritize activities.
- You have stellar verbal and written communication skills and an uncanny ability to lead and influence others.
- Familiarity with managing software applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of Agile practices is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills/team player and ability to work with cross-functional teams harmoniously while keeping project releases on time and on budget.
- Strong drive towards execution; can break through barriers to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Ability to perform work onsite in the San Jose office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Fantastic new headquarters
- Fully stocked kitchens with catered lunches twice a week
- On-site gym
- Office dogs! Bring your furry pal with you to work
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
This position Will Not offer relocation, remote work, or Visa Sponsorship assistance.