Location: San Jose
Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.outwardinc.com). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hardware Electrical Engineer
You will join another electrical engineer and a firmware engineer developing PCBs to control LED lights for camera flashes, motor control electronics, camera interfaces.
- Design, schematic entry, and layout for PCBs
- Coordinate with purchasing, PCB fab, and assembly vendors
- New board bring-up and debug
- Work closely with firmware engineers to ensure microcontroller pinouts meet requirements
- Perform analysis to determine cause of failure of boards in the field and fix them
- Maintain component libraries and generate Bill of Materials, Gerber files, and assembly drawings
- BSEE or equivalent and at least 3 years industry experience
- Experience with standard PCB CAD tools, preferably Altium
- Ability to remove and solder small components during debug
- Experience with debug tools such as oscilloscope and logic analyzer
- Experience designing digital electronics including microcontrollers (STM32Fxxx series preferred)
- Experience designing simple analog circuits such as DC/DC converters and current sinks
- Experience designing boards with standard interfaces such as USB 2.1, SPI, and i2c
Benefits Just for You
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
- Friendly, caring co-workers and management
Why you will love working at Outward, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and eCommerce, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!