Location: San Jose
Field Support Engineer San Jose, CA
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented engineer to join the field engineering team supporting Outward’s Aperture product visualization & content management platform. You will virtually support the installation of electrical, optical, and mechanical hardware by teams across the US. During the field installation you will troubleshoot, document and report any issues that come up in the field and rapidly come up with solutions to deploy fixes. It is important that you as a prospective hire are comfortable with professional communication, training and presentation at multiple levels and groups. There may be some instances where you will be required to travel to customer sites and perform various troubleshooting and repairs. There is regular training to ensure our team is equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle any situation we may encounter.
About the team
The Field Support team is an adaptable, experienced group of individuals. We are dedicated to delivering Outward’s state-of-the-art products both physically and digitally to perfection. We pride ourselves on building close relationships with our customers and enabling customers to achieve maximum results from our products.
- Constantly learning the latest technologies and features developed by Outward
- Coordinate with multiple teams across multiple time zones to hit target timelines and support field install teams efficiently
- Use a variety of troubleshooting techniques in order to identify an issue as electrical, software, or mechanical
- Diagnose issues to get to the root cause and implement solutions quickly
- Create and maintain troubleshooting documentation and data
- On some occasions your work day may start as early as 5am PST when supporting install teams on the east coast
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience using tools such as a multimeter, cable crimper, soldering iron, etc.
- Familiar with basic building tools i.e drills, wrenches, etc.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and follow step by step assembly instructions
- Ability to read an electronics schematic
- Familiar with GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets,Drive, etc. )
- Communication: respectful, engaging, and informative messages verbally and written between multiple teams, management, and customers seamlessly.
- Customer Satisfaction: Should be passionate about creating delight for customers by being flexible and accommodating in all aspects of your work.
- Perceptive: Keen eye for detail
- Time management: Being able to manage your time effectively under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines is critical to success.
- Problem solving & critical thinking: The ability to find creative solutions to new and unexpected problems.
Outward’s Benefits & Perks
- Twice Weekly Catered Lunch
- Onsite gym & showers (San Jose office)
- Free healthy snacks
- Dog-friendly, bring your furry pal with you to work (after day 30)
- Company-Sponsored Team Events & Staff Parties
- Recently Relocated Headquarters, Great for Commuters!
- A smart casual work environment
- Retail discounts
Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Outward, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment Act (AB 1008), or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.