Location: San Jose
Field Support Associate San Jose, CA
Who is Outward Inc?
Outward Inc. is a visual transformation technology company. Since 2012, our team of inventors, technologists, brand experts, and changemakers, have been reinventing the retail customer shopping journey through innovations in product visualizations.
Using cutting-edge 3D, AR/VR, and web technologies, Outward is bringing the advantages of automated, AI-perfected product photography to our clients — allowing them to produce a large volume of product images at the push of a button and publish them in any format — from e-commerce to traditional media.
These innovations enable a breadth of digital experiences and meaningful interactions between manufacturers and retailers of all sizes, and their customers.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (www.outwardinc.com). Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Role
This is a new position within an established company with a proven track record of innovation and quality. This position involves hardware installation at customer sites. Alongside the Field Support Specialist team, you will install the state-of-the-art Aperture Rig at customer sites as they incorporate the Aperture Platform into their pipeline. You will often be the first face a customer sees when working with Outward. It is important that you as a prospective hire are comfortable with professional communication with customers and peers. You can expect frequent travel locally and across the U.S.A to various customer sites. When in office, you will frequently help with training new hires, upgrade hardware or repair parts. There is regular training to ensure our team is equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle any situation we may encounter.
About the team
The Field Support Specialist team is an adaptable, experienced group of individuals. We are dedicated to delivering Outward’s state-of-the-art products both physically and digitally to perfection. We pride ourselves on building close relationships with our customers and enabling customers to achieve maximum results from our products.
- Use hand and power tools to build/construct a complex structure in a team environment using written assembly instructions.
- Constantly learn the latest updates to mechanical assemblies through hands-on training and engineering schematics.
- Troubleshoot, document and report issues to identify the root cause and implement solutions quickly.
- Replace and repair elements for existing customers.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment during assembly.
- Maintain inventory of tools and spare parts.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Communication: Craft respectful, engaging, and informative communications both verbally and written between multiple teams and management.
- Customer Satisfaction: Be passionate about creating delight for customers by being flexible and accommodating in all aspects of your work.
- Perceptive: Keen eye for detail
- Time management: Manage your time effectively under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines is critical to success.
- Problem solving & critical thinking: The ability to find creative solutions to new and unexpected problems.
- Strength:Able to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs safely
- Flexibility: Kneel and stand for long periods of time during installation
- Ladders: The ability to safely climb and work from ladders up to 10ft high while wearing 5lbs of equipment.
- Familiar with basic building tools i.e drills, wrenches, etc.
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination, including ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble parts and components that are sometimes very small.
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, word processing, excel, etc.
- Physical stamina and strength